Last Update: September 19, 2023
We respect privacy and your rights to control your personal information. Data Protection is one of our top priority business goals and we want to be as clear as possible about the data we collect and why we collect it.
How to contact us
Graf-Adolf-Str. 41, 40210 Düsseldorf, Germany
Why we collect data
The prime purpose for collecting data is to provide you the best experience with the App. We use the collected data to improve and personalize your overall experience and the following purposes:
- Customer Support
- Product Improvement
- Future Product Development
- Security, Safety, and Dispute Resolution
- Product Performance Analysis
- Communications and Product Announcements
What kind of data we collect
We collect the following kinds of data:
- Personal information
- Email address
- Location data
- IP address
- Social identifiers (e.g. Twitter or Facebook user IDs)
- Mobile device model, brand and operating systems
- Receiver device model, brand and firmware
- Payment information (e.g. anonymized payment IDs)
- Non-personal information
- App Performance information: e.g. anonymized crash information to help us identify errors and improve the app and services.
- App Activity information: e.g. general app usage indicators, specific usage events in the app, anonymized performance data about the screen mirroring session.
- The App does not target and is not intended to attract children. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has used the App and unknowingly sent us personal information without their consent, please contact us via email. We will delete the information within a reasonable time.
For your convenience and safety we explicitly DO NOT collect the following personal information:
- Account information: The App does NOT require a personal account or registration. You can use the App without providing any personal information like name or address.
- Credit card information: We do not request, collect or process any credit card information from you. All purchase data is handled by the providers of the mobile platform.
How we collect data
1) Information you provide to us
2) Automatic data collection in the App
Please note that the App, whether as a free, upgraded or pro app edition, has no influence on the personal information which may be used by third-party ads on websites that you visit. If you have issues or questions regarding ads on websites, please contact the respective website hoster.
When using our websites, cookies may be stored on your device. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to us. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses on your device. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall. We use them out of legitimate interest on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the optimization of our websites. We use the following type of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes session cookies in particular. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. This enables your device to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Temporary and permanent cookies
Temporary or permanent cookies are used to recognize a session and help to make certain functions possible. Temporary or permanent cookies are stored in the user's browser for a specified time or permanently and are deleted automatically after the specified time.
In principle, no personal data is stored in cookies, only an anonymized online identifier. You can configure the browser settings according to your wishes and refuse to accept cookies. In this case, however, it may not be possible to use all functions of our websites.
How we share data
- Third Party Vendors: We use third-party providers to carry out services like website and email hosting. Personal information may be stored by these providers for fulfilling the service, for example your email address may be stored by our email provider.
- TV or streaming service providers: We may share personal information with TV or streaming service providers like Google, Samsung or LG to enable video casting on third party devices like TVs or streaming players. For example the current IP address of your mobile device is needed to connect your mobile phone or tablet to the TV or streaming device.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data: We may share data in an aggregated, anonymized or other form which does not enable the recipient of such data to identify you. We share this data with third parties for business purposes, for example industry analysis.
- Sale or Merger: We may share your non-personal and personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. We may also notify you via email or a prominent notice in the App.
Data security, storage and retention
We are committed in protecting the security of your personal information. However, while we take reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural precautions to guard the personal information we collect, no security system is impenetrable. We use appropriate technical and organizational tools based on industry standards to protect your personal information and help prevent information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Furthermore we limit access to personal information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App and related products or services.
Usernames, logins and passwords you use to access websites, accounts and services inside of the App are never accessed by Us or any other third party related with us. The operating system providers of iOS and Android as well as the provider of the websites and services must are encouraged to use industry standard security mechanisms to safeguard your personal information while signing in to your account of their service.
Storage: Personal information collected by Us may be stored, processed and transferred in or between your region, in the United States, or in any other country where our partners and service providers are located or maintain facilities.
Data accuracy, take-out and modification
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us promptly via email of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Revoke Consent / Opting-out of services / Data deletion
You can revoke consent and stop all automatic collecting of data by the App by uninstalling the App from your device. If you use a companion app on your TV or streaming device, you can also delete the companion app by using the guidelines to delete an app provided by the vendor of the TV or streaming device. A request for deletion of personal information collected by the App is not necessary in the EEA territory, as the App does not collect any personal information at all in the EEA territory, only non-personalized data.
You can revoke consent and request deletion of all personal information we received from you, e.g. via email or social media. Please add all necessary information we need to identify your person, e.g. email address and social media account. Please note that we will not be able to give you any support or service when you have explicitly opted-out, until you explicitly opt-in again by writing an email to Us.